Coborn’s is Proud to Support Our Local Communities
We Give Back Through:
- Donations to non-profit agencies, giving special priority to youth in our communities through organizations such as Boys & Girls Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts & the YMCA.
- As grocers, we are committed to fighting hunger & supporting healthy living. We have an ongoing commitment to local food shelves with daily donations of bakery products & numerous other donations throughout the year. Our “Bag Hunger” program allows customers to purchase prepackaged grocery bags for the food shelves.
- Support for education of youth, High School scholarship programs and higher education including St. John’s University, College of St. Benedict, St. Cloud State University and St. Cloud Technical College.
- Supporting the annual United Way campaigns in all our communities, giving back through employee and corporate contributions.
- Donations to Coborn Cancer Center, including the Grocers On The Green Golf Tournament benefiting the Pediatric Cancer Unit, the Breast Center & Food For The Cure.
- Providing opportunities for local civic groups, organizations, churches, schools and sports teams to raise money through our script certificate, cook-out fundraiser & Labels for Learning programs.
- Encouraging employees to volunteer and serve on local agency, community boards and committees, helping make a positive difference in all communities we do business.
Coborn’s Inc. Donation/Sponsorship CriteriaCoborn’s Inc. has a long and strong tradition of community caring, service and support, dating back to our first store in Sauk Rapids, MN, which opened in 1921. We emphasize the importance of tailoring our services and support to meet “the specific needs and desires of the communities we serve,” and our business practices follow Coborn’s Golden Rule: “Treat all with dignity and respect.”
Coborn’s Inc. is an integral part of the communities we serve. Each year, we donate more than $2.3 million and thousands of volunteer hours to our local communities. As grocers, we are dedicated to fighting hunger and supporting healthy living. Our company donates tons of food to local food shelves, and provides major funding for the Coborn Cancer Center, Central Minnesota’s premiere center for cancer treatment and research. Coborn’s Inc. is also a leader in giving to United Way in the communities we serve.
We have established the following criteria to guide us in distributing donations in the communities we serve. These criteria are not intended to discourage organizations from requesting donations, but rather to maintain a direction and focus as we respond to the ever-growing number of requests for support.
Coborn’s Incorporated’s Donation/Sponsorship Criteria:
- The organization must be a non-profit organization, and be part of one of the communities we serve. If the request is for a specific event, the event must be within one of the communities we serve.
- Coborn’s Inc. gives top priority to requests from organizations and activities serving children and families in need.
- Coborn’s Inc. does not make contributions to or support fundraising for individuals (unless they are immediate family members of company employees experiencing a crisis) because of the large number of these requests we receive.
- Requests must be formally submitted, preferably using our Donation Request Form which is available at all Coborn’s locations, or online at here. We will also accept formal requests on the requesting organization’s official letterhead.
- Coborn’s Inc. Donations Committee meets regularly to review requests. Please submit your request at least three weeks in advance to ensure proper consideration.
- Coborn’s Inc. reserves the right to determine which organizations or activities it chooses to fund.